Notifications
Clear all

Problems with Eye Sight

Page 1 / 2

admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hey everybody. So I used poppers Thursday Friday and Saturday night. The brand was rush. I've used them before but they were always somebody elses. I got my own and decided to kind of indulge. Definitly was doing more than I should have every session. Now it's Tuesday and I havnt done them since but I've had a headache that keeps coming and going as well as some pain behind my eyes but no noticeable vision loss or blurryness. Head seems to hurt mostly at the top or in the bqck if that means anything. I never get headaches and am usually a health nut otherwise. Any advice would be appreciated. Don't think I'll be doing these at all anymore.

admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I've made lots of different poppers and they all produce the visual toxic effects except amyl nitrite. With amyl nitrite, I can hit it constantly, go into a mild trance, sustain it, and then within minutes after the last hit, my vision is totally normal again. With isopropyl, butyl and isobutyl, my vision gets out of whack for much longer after only a 15 minute session. I hit a wall at that point and have to stop whiffing lest I pass out. Every subsequent whiff produces nothing but horrible effects.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

That's not what the received wisdom on this question currently suggests.

This issue with Maculopathy is solely connected to isopropyl nitrite and is probably not causing, but exacerbating a pre-existing condition. Once there was a chemist on here who explained that the molecular density of IPN (forgive me this is just from memory) was the reason. This may sound dumb: I got the impression that IPN has a very distinct molecular character as compared to other nitrites, pentyl, butyl.

Anyway I think Madeplentypoppers probably knows what I mean and can explain it better.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I had used Poppers in 01/17 and i get Vision Prolems.
I have buy Lutein high doses and 1 month later the Vision Problems go away.
Since i have not used poppers again.
There are now any poppers which are safe for the eyes ?.
I would like to use poppers again but the risk to get Vision Problems again i do not want to go.
Sorry my english ist not so good.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Stefan

Do you have any other problemsn, like dizzyniss? Be careful with this stuff!.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

No, only Yellow Points in front of the eyes.
But this is 2 years ago.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hey guys - have been a very occasional user of poppers, once in a few months. Used a new brand - Berlin XXXX this Saturday night - and woke up the next morning with vision problems. I finished 1/5th of the bottle - so didn’t do too much. The next day I realized that I could not read beyond a certain distance, everything is a blur and faces are not clear in the sunlight or otherwise. Vision far away is really poor at this point. And I am freaking out. I have scanned these blogs from top to bottom but can’t seem to draw any conclusion. I have started taking vitamins (revision 3) from Bausch & Lomb and some berry pills. But don’t seem to notice any improvement three days later. Any ideas on how to speed up the process? I’m terrified this may be permanent and scared to own up to it in public. No one knows that I use poppers, so it freaks me out even more. Any other tips on accelerating recovery? Please help - going crazy here. Obviously, I will not touch them again, not even addicted actually, and just used them for leisure/pleasure. If anyone has any advice on how to ride out this storm and ways to make a full recovery, I will be indebted to you forever!

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Scared

Well, welcome...
There is a very long thread that contains tons of info here:
http://poppersguide.com/forum/10213

the short version is this:

1. it is a well known effect. You are not the only one.
2. it seems to gradually improve over time for most people. In a few days you will be able to see better (but not 100%) and further improvement continues slowly, but it can take months to completely heal (in my case about 6 months)
3. don't use poppers again, in any case not that brand that you used
4. i don't take the tips that i have read very serious. But they include taking vitamins and eating healthy. In that thread look for "Junior eye doctor" who lists a dozen or so vitamins etc.
5. my email adress is "motorheadsherwood@hotmail.com". I am interested in the long term effects. So contact me if you want to.
6. don't panick! things will become better over time in all likelyhood! and you might want to consult an eye doctor and tell them about your drug use.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Guys,

I am (was!) a regular user of poppers, maybe a few times a week but last Sat after not a particularly heavy session I have major problems with my vision

Straight after I could tell, I couldn't read the text on my phone properly. My central vision is very blurry, and like a lot of guys on here I struggle to read, can't see people's faces in the street and can't read road signs.

I'm completely freaking out and have taken the past few days off work I'm so anxious. Today I'm going to Moorefield's eye hospital to get checked out.

I'm so scared that my vision won't return to normal and that ill be stuck half-blind for life. I really can't even handle the thought of that right now, it's making me feel suicidal. I literally can't believe this has happened to me.

I was using PIG the red one, which is IPN and maybe only a few times over an hour or 2.

I've started taking Lutein and will definitely never touch poppers again.

I'm 34, male and live in London. If this has happened to anyone else in London I'd be really comforted to meet IRL and see how/if you recovered.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi to the most recent poster,

I had the same problems and concerns as you. Took isopropyl for years, and had visual problems in the past but only after major binges, and they usually subsided after a few days. I should have stopped there and then. Unfortunately I continued for a year after that, until a major binge left me with major problems that lasted months! Isopropyl nitrite is linked to fovea damage/maculopathy as the few observational studies have confirmed. I first noticed visual artifacts (yellowish spots, central 'light bulb' blind spot, sensitivity to bright lights, auras around objects as if light was being reflected poorly, a 'scotoma'/almost a blind spot in my vision...like a greyed out floater). Since lockdown (start of March) to now (July) the blind spot and yellowish spots have COMPLETELY gone. I still have a slight oversensitivity to bright lights but it's rapidly improving to the point where I was watching TV at max backlight levels in complete darkness and I had no discomfort. Also, the scotoma/watermark is no longer there EXCEPT every now and then when I blink rapidly. Even then, it's about 99% gone. So basically, abstinence is your friend!

Btw, from late April to June I took 'Lutein' supplements (Vitabiotics because they were on sale at Boots). I hadn't necessarily been taking them daily, but around a few times a month. Not sure if it helped or not, but can't go wrong with it! Also, the more sleep I was getting, the greater my recovery was in the initial month. Especially when using 'blue light filters' on device screens when the lights are off.

Final point I want to make is that if you do ever really want to try poppers again or struggle to give them up (they can be psychologically addictive, rather than physically), then import amyl nitrite poppers as they do not cause maculopathy from what the studies have obserbed. But ideally just give them up for good if you can. Good luck, and try not to stress too much about it.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Finding this thread and the original link to the old thread has been a real godsend so thank you to everybody who has contributed in the past. The last few days I’ve been In a whirlwind of anxiety worried that I fucked up my eyes for life. I’ve only done poppers a few times and I thought they were the shit - I bought them from a sex shop so they must be safe, right? God, I thought I was just hungover or something but when the flashing didn’t go away I googled and then read about Poppers' maculopathy and my stomach nearly fell out of my arse. I have awful anxiety about it and am feeling borderline suicidal.

I have a flashy vision and a blind spot in my central vision...can’t see faces or read things from a distance...I guess it’s comforting to know that it’ll probably go away. So relieved I found this thread...I can’t believe how little information there is about this...and that it’s available to buy in the UK? WTF??!

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Does anyone know why only isopropyl / IPN causes this and not the other types of poppers? The other types can have a strong "body (not eyes) effect" as well, so why are IPN so much worse for the eyes?..

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I have been whipping up and distilling my own isopropyl nitrite for over a year and have no problems. But the first time I let a boyfriend of mine use it he woke up the next day with a hefty blind spot in one eye. After a few weeks it improved a little but it's been a year now and he never fully recovered normal vision in that eye. So, enjoy at your own risk and don't let someone else try it without warning them. This guy is a commercial truck driver and I am sure a blind spot in one eye is NOT helpful to his profession.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

>a big pinch of

The ill effects of that formula have long been a rallying call for Jako. I suggest you work out the relationship (if any) between Beaker & Jako.

Informed opinion is that IPN, due to its particular structure vs other nitrites, can trigger existing conditions. Ocular health will not be improved by using IPN, so take it on board.

Whipping up:

"To make someone feel a particular emotion or strong emotions:affect, provoke, inspire..."

Beaker's boyfriend (one of several it seems) is unlucky enough to have experienced this relatively rare side effect of IPN --- AND is a lorry driver. Really? IPN is commonly available and cheap/ most of these domestic brewers make amyl and iso-butyl I believe. Sorry, I am skeptical about this whole story.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

It is believed that this popper formula can cause an increase in eye fluid level. So that will increase eye pressure. So anybody (maybe this truck guy) who already has glaucoma (meaning he should not be a truck guy) or is at risk of developing it should avoid.

Nitrites do not cause blindness. That is bullshit. If it did then there would be significant statistical evidence. What might be happening is: that in these handful of cases it is causing early onset of a condition which already exists. It cannot have any significant effect on those who enjoy ocular health in my opinion.

Guys with abnormal blood pressure should avoid any poppers. This one, due to molecular density, seems to be particularly troublesome to those who have eye conditions...whether they know they do, or have not been diagnosed as such. So check your eye health! You should do this anyway whatever your lifestyle choices.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2