Notifications
Clear all

Long-Term Health Issues?

Page 1 / 2

admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I really enjoy using poppers, however, I'd have to imagine there are some long-term consequences from using this.

It seems pretty hard to find any studies. Please share scientific studies and REAL info on the long-term health consequences (or lack thereof) of using poppers.

Thanks!

admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Try googling for scientific papers by using other words for poppers: inhalents, volatile, nitrites etc.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Poppers are not inhalants in the pejorative use of that term. Amyl has a proven century-long history in the medical / emergency services environment. It is still widely used as an antidote to snake bites.

Serious scientific studies were carried out in the past and concluded poppers were safe. All this data was in one place: allaboutpoppers.com

Maculopathy is linked to one formula only: Isopropyl Nitrite.

"The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy reports insignificant hazard associated with inhalation of alkyl nitrites, and British governmental guidance on the relative harmfulness of alkyl nitrites places them among the less harmful of recreational drugs.

Nutt, D.; King, L.A.; Saulsbury, W.; Blakemore, C. (March 2007). "Development of a rational scale to assess the harm of drugs of potential misuse". Lancet. 369 (9566): 1047–1053."

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thanks, X!
I stand corrected on the term inhalents. (But the term is sometimes used)

The thing here is that "poppers" can mean anything and indeed it seems clear that some chemicals sold as poppers are harmless and others are not.

e.g. in https://bjo.bmj.com/content/101/11/1530:
"On the basis of the products tested here, it seems that isopropyl nitrite is toxic to the fovea and can cause significant visual disturbance"

So my advice would be: if you don't know with certainty that your bottle contains "Amyl" (the orignal poppers formula): stay away from it.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Nitrites are carcinogenic at very low levels in bacon and contaminated water. You can imagine what huffing a concentrated hit of it might do. I've been a heavy user since I was 18, (47 now). If I get nose/throat/lung/liver/bladder cancer, I'll know what did it.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Nitrites....including sodium nitrite, the food preservative, are toxic. It only takes 6 to 7 grams of sodium nitrite powder to kill a person via ingestion. They aren't as toxic when inhaled merely because the dose is much smaller. But they still do the same thing.....decrease blood pressure and cause anemia by negatively impacting red blood cells. This is all well known and it happens immediately. Sodium nitrite is sometimes used to kill unwanted animals. It kills by decreasing blood pressure to levels that cannot sustain life. Alkyl nitrates can do the same thing under the right circumstances.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

hi all,

I've been using blue boy poppers and loving them! however, in the last 6 months or so ive been experiencing blue fingers and lips and grey skin. also headaches after only one sniff and increased pressure on eyeballs.

I was wondering if it has something to do with the kind of poppers is using. I don't know if the blue boy is Isobutyl Nitrite or another type of poppers and if it would help to switch brands? I'm in Europe the Netherlands.

it would be a real shame if I have to give up poppers all together.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

You are using isopropyl nitrite, isobutyl are banned in EU. Stay away from isopropyl and switch them for pentyl/amyl

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi people .. as I'm sure some will know the UK poppers market is all ISOPROPYL NITRATE now. I have found out recently that I'm one of many that are getting problems with my eyes .. my question is where can I get ISOBUTYL NITRATE poppers from..?

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I got the vision problem in 2015. It probably took a year to get back to normal. I haven’t touched any poppers since, however I’m really missing my 80’s - 90’s Isobutyl nitrate. All because of some I’ll informed politicians in out feckless parliament I nearly ruined my eye sight and now denied a product that I had absolutely no problem with. I’ve been looking at various sites for Isobutyl nitrate. I just don’t know if I can trust them. For instance poppers-aromas.eu. If anyone has any information about this company and wether they can be trusted I’d appreciate it.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I'd say Poppers-Aromas are about middling in terms of reliability. They certainly won't be able to supply isobutyl. They do pentyl and amyl, which might be to your taste. Though for me they don't compare to isobutyl, and in fact pentyl had terrible side-effects for me in terms of worsening my already bad anxiety, made me quite the nervous wreck. Still, better than the bathtub French isobutyl of a few years ago, that really was the worst experience ever! Corroding my lungs and rotting my brain. I'd be better off with a nice cup of tea and a walk in the country.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

This is my experience from using Amyl and something that has happened over the last 6 months.

I'm not interested in those who do heavy drugs who already take unnecessary risks and have no respect for their body / mental health, who continue to do whatever drug they want and encourage their peers to do the same. This post is for those who have never used amyl and are looking at trying it and those that think it is harmless from a personal experience. I understand that this post will make some people angry as they can't fathom having sex / masturbating without poppers and they hate the idea that anyone else would encourage others to not use this drug and prevent a necessary part of their dependency and fantasy knowing that another guy is under the effect of amyl as well. You'll use any excuse to justify that it is harmless sniffing a toxic substance. If that's the case, keep your opinions to yourself and continue sniffing those toxic chemicals into your body.

It will only be a matter of time before I am no longer here and want to leave a warning for those people that this drug is dangerous. The pain has become unlivable and unbearable.

Chroming - is inhaling drugs to get high whether via mouth or via nose. You are inhaling a toxic fume into your brain and to think that it has no impact whether physiology or mentally you are wrong. This along with the fact that there is a huge amount of fake products out there as well as companies not being truthful about what goes into their products - because all they have to do is say 'not for human consumption'.

No drinking, no previous drug use, no mental health issues. Fit 30 year old male.

\- Dizzy, Brain Fog, Hard to focus on text takes 1 -2 seconds to focus, White light creates strain on the eye, feels pressure behind the eye, Tinnitus all after sniffing amyl within a 1 week period. I feel like I'm constantly on a buzz / high. My mind never shuts down. I remember getting headaches while I sniffed the Amyl and my life has not been the same since. Every minute is a struggle for me, literally living is an effort. I have no peace of mind having all this pain / torment.

\- I have had numerous guys message me saying that they have experienced the same after sniffing amyl. I've also noticed on a lot of notice boards that these types of posts are being deleted as well.

\- Chroming / Inhaling has been linked to the equivalent of melting plastic by doctors - some say it's even more dangerous than cocaine because the bodies limited ability to digest it before it reaches the brain.

\- Think of how precious your eye sight is and how valuable it is to you. Is it really worth the risk to put that at jeopardy? Take it from someone who is having problems now - it's not worth it. Also some will argue that it's only some nitrites that cause this. Do you think that the companies who make these products really care about you? - Do you expect that they are honest and have integrity? - Unless you get every chemical tested from a bottle that your about to inhale DO NOT TRUST what it says on there. They know what these products are used for however instead of turning around and saying - not for human consumption - however this product has been linked to eye damage as well - they choose to only say the bare minimum. once again - Wouldn't want to scare away their users.

Please stay away from this drug. I understand people won't be happy with this post and there will be a lot of anger - but this is a warning for those who are just about to start and my own experience. Feel free to check my profile and read the agony that I have been experiencing ever since.

Your health is worth everything, please don't make the same mistake I did - by believing from other gay guys as well as doctors that these things don't happen or are very rare.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Also some will argue that it's only some nitrites that cause this.

yep like them there "academics" and doctors and all them guys from Ivy League. No, Sir! I believe you, with your with your mighty fine writing, big word count, your profile that don't exist, and your opinion about amyl (even though those doctors use it still to treat patients). Truly I do.

They all laughed at me when I told 'em that they were putting micro-chips in apple pie. Y'all eat one and they control you from a secret underground lair in The Vatican (controlled by a family of intergalactic dwarfs). So only eat apple pie that you bake yourself, don't even trust your wife, you have been warned.

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

All good bro. I'm telling you my experience if you want to continue to do them then no one can stop you sniffing those toxic fumes

ReplyQuote
admin
(@anonymous)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I am not being rude, but did you see a professional about that? Because that has nothing to do with poppers. Personally I wonder if you have a psychological response to your tinnitus. Tinnitus is not caused by poppers, but it is a terrible affliction in itself.

It is not nice to mock, guyz!

Wish you well.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2